I’m Dr. Amy Parris, a licensed clinical social worker (M.S.W, L.C.S.W) with a doctorate in behavioral health (D.BH). I provide individual and couples therapy for adults. I strive to provide an open, safe space for you to gain insight into yourself and create the life you want.
My educational background includes:
- Doctorate in Behavioral Health
- Master of Science in Social Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Indiana
- Master of Science in Library Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition
- Completion of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course at Mindfulness at the Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, with Kathleen Beck-Coon, M.D.
- Completion of Relational Life Level 1 training course with bestselling author and relationship expert, Terry Real, L.C.S.W.
- Completion of Healing Our Core Issues I & II: Treatment of Developmental and Relational Trauma with Dr. Rick A. Butts, LPCC-S, SEP and Jan Bergstrom, LMHC, SEP, founders of Healing Our Core Issues Institute
- Developmental and Relational Trauma Therapist (DARTT)
- Somatic Approaches to Healing Trauma Course with Dr. Albert Wong, PhD.
- Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief training with David Kessler
- Doctoral practicum completed at La Familia Medical Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico, including case collaboration and observation with psychiatrist, Jan Fawcett, M.D.
National Association of Social Workers
Healing Our Core Issues Institute